So I moved into my apartment this weekend...if my camera wasn't busted I would post some pictures. In the meantime ya'll will have to wait.
Let's just say that my new place is beyond amazing. As Courtney so aptly put, "This place feels like a home, not an apartment!". I spent a lot of my time staring out the windows, watching boats go by/people frolic on Oak Street Beach, and looking at the buildings in the loop. I can see part of the Merchandise Mart, the Aon & Jewelers building, and a sliver of J. Hancock.
Yesterday I watched the Bears game on my new flatty in HD, but mostly I just stared confoundedly around my place with all my stuff and just wondered how I got there. I'm not used to this yet. Stepping outside my building, you stumble headfirst into glam-o-rama. Everyone looks like they fell out of a designer catalogue. In fact, it makes you kind of want to put a bag over your head, or don an invisibility cloak so you can just secretly stare at them all. I think this feeling is more appropriate for women rather than men, but still. I guess that's what I get for being next door neighbors with Prada.
Around the corner from me are a slew of awesome restaurants like McCormick & Schmick's, Hugo's Frog Bar, Carmine's, Tavern on Rush. Not to mention Hunt Club, Level (ehh if I'm in that kind of mood) and countless other wonderful places. There's way too much to take in.
The garage business is easy too. Got my monthly parking set up, and the garage is 2 blocks away. I literally call 5-10 minutes before I need my car, and when I walk up my car is at the entrance waiting for me. Beyond amazing.
I went out to brunch with the girls yesterday at Toast in the LP. It was so nice to be back, and there's nothing better than Sunday Funday. Then we had an apartment tour and visited both Allison's and my new place. Allison's rooftop view was to die for. She's on Pearson right behind the Hancock and next to the MCA, so her view looks over all of Navy Pier (perfect for firework viewing) and all over downtown. Her apartment looks out at another building, and she's already seen some unmentionable things...it reminds me of the movie Disturbia. You can see your neighbors, learn their habits and such just by observation. I can't even imagine what we would see if we got her some binoculars...
The drive to work this morning took 35 minutes, literally. I woke up at 6, which is not unreasonable at all. I could definitely get used to this.
So now my question to everyone reading this: when are you coming to visit? I can't wait to have company, weekday or weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Steve Stoll just stalkbooked me this weekend. prolly we should all party at your pad this weekend. support can come too.
Post a Comment