Friday, September 28, 2007

Question

Freshman year of college I lived down the hall from a girl who quickly became really buddy buddy with me. She happened to have a boyfriend who was 2 years older and visited constantly, thus allowing us to become friends with him as well.

So la, la, la - fun times, we all hang out in each other's dorm rooms constantly, having fun and being college kids. Then the day comes when Brit has to go to her R.A. interview and leaves Kyle and I in her dorm room together watching some hilarious movie. This is when after an hour of laughing and usual hanging out-ness, Kyle suddenly leans in, pulls me towards him, and tries to kiss me. At this exact moment my real R.A. Rich (and close friend to Brit and I) barges in per usual and sees this incriminating site, thinking that I'M trying to scam on Brit's boyfriend. He opened the door at the exact moment and of course witnessed me jerking away from Kyle. Rich then thought that me violently moving away was due to being caught instead of the reaction of unwanted advances.

Brit then finds out via Rich and stops talking to me, since of course she didn't believe that Kyle would do that to her. Ummm, yeah ok. This then lead to speculation that oh yes, they must be having some sort of affair and YES! this wasn't the only time this must have happened, and thank GOODNESS Rich was there to catch them in action because who knows how long it would have gone on! Sigh.

It was crappy enough to lose my first real friend at college over something that had nothing to do with my intentions or my actions, but I had to get over it.

Which brings me to my real point. After this happened a few years of silence went by before Kyle started emailing me, asking how I was and whatnot. I responded a few times but never saw him again.

A few months ago he discovered me on the facebook and has been writing me messages relatively frequently. He's a bouncer at the Cubby Bear and keeps begging me to come visit and say hi. Now he hasn't said anything shady to me or whatever up until recently. I just noticed that he's in a relationship with someone on the facebook (haha) and this girl is drop dead gorgeous (said girl is with him in the pic). Seems cute and sweet. He's really good looking himself, but she's way too hot for him. I made a joke and poked some fun at him via message about this, saying something about how he was so lucky to land a girl like that, basically complimenting her and saying that she seems to be a wonderful lady.

He COMPLETELY blew off my comments about his girlfriend and responded with "So when can we meet up and hang out again?". This is when I started to think "Hrmmmm...this guy is totally looking to cheat on this lovely girl." Right? Isn't that what's going on here? Or am I being paranoid/weird? This is coupled with the message I got at 8:30 this morning from him saying "Katie.....I miss you".

So yes. Am I right? This guy is a total cheater and a liar, isn't he? I'm not interested in him at all, and where I wouldn't mind saying hi and dropping in for a C-Bear visit, I do not want to be in the clutches of a guy who views me as a way to cheat on his girlfriend. Sometimes I'm way too naive about stuff because I always want to believe the best in people. I think "just because I want something innocent out of this so must them" which in cases like this can be deadly.

What do you guys think?

1 comment:

Joe White said...

I think your life is a soap opera and it's hilarious. so much fun, and soo muchh drammaaaa, haha! Guy sounds like a total d-bag. I'd probably lead him on and try to get his girlfriend to dump him, and then blow him off. And then shove blood sausage down his throat.