Monday, October 13, 2008

Remember that Time I Lived in a Haunted House? I Do.

Today as I briefly poked around the blogging world, the latest post by Jenn at Free and Flawed captured my complete attention.

She posed the question of ghosts. Do you believe in them? Have you ever been a part of a haunting?

Her post triggered an onslaught of memories that I had stuffed into the recesses of my mind. Memories that I haven't really examined since spring of 2004 - the time I realized with 100% certainty that I was living in a haunted house.

To all you non-believers and skeptics out there- I used to be one of you. In fact, I used to take it one step further- I used to laugh and scoff at my friends who believed in such things. In my mind, there ALWAYS was a rational explanation for otherwise unexplainable phenomena. I fiercely maintained this attitude until IT happened. Four months of sheer terror changed my life.

In the spirit of Halloween, I will be telling the story of my experiences in the haunted house from beginning to end. No details left unsaid, and more importantly, I will not make anything up. Everything I write will be a real account of what my roommates and I went through.

I haven't decided when I will start penning out this tale. It will ultimately be broken down into snippets, making it part of a small series. Either way it needs to be shared. It's time to start writing about it.

So, gentle readers.....to be continued.

12 comments:

Heidi Renée said...

I am super-excited to read this. I watch as many scary movies and shows as possible this time of year, even though they make me scared and paranoid and unable to sleep at night. I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess.

I haven't had an "experience" so I can't say that I believe, but I'm definitely not a non-believer.

All that said, however, I HATE Halloween haunted houses. I haven't been to one in years, but I can remember trying to go through as quickly as possible and being near or in tears by the time I got out of there. Not fun.

Anonymous said...

i can't wait! i love ghost stories. but mostly, during the day and while my roommates are home. =) haha

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait! I was so upset when I got to the end of your post and realized I have to stay tuned :)

But I am kind of glad I will see it coming and make an effort to read it during the day instead of a time like right now, when it is at night and I am alone.

Pretty Unfamous said...

I saw your comment over at Jenn's, so I came here to tell you that I really wanted to hear your haunted house story! I'm glad you beat me to the punch and decided to get it started.

For this reason, I'm subscribing to your blog. I can't wait to hear your story!

Rachel Eden said...

Ahhh leave me hanging, I was all geared up to read your story. Guess that's why I have you in my reader.

Kyla Bea said...

Ah! Yay!!

I live in a 100 year old home though, lets not turn the scary up too high ;)

Laurie Stark said...

Ooh! As a cautious skeptic, I'm on the edge of my seat for this! And, like Kyla, I live in a 100-year-old house, so... I may be sleeping with the light on after a few of these installments...

Drew Eisenbeis said...

I am looking forward to your snipitz!

Rahul said...

I saw Ghost Dad. Ghosts do exist.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to this!

Katelin said...

oooh this sounds like something i would be scared of, haha. i'm such a wuss. i can't help it.

Princess Pointful said...

You can't just do that!!
I'm not sure what I believe, honestly... so maybe you will convince me.