Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Rant of the Day

It should be socially acceptable to push, kick, hit, slap, punch, throw, etc. anyone who walks without purpose. Anything it takes to get them out of your way should be open season. I absolutely LOATHE these people. You know the ones. They shuffle their feet and plod along like a tree sloth. Head down, completely unaware of their surroundings, moving at a pace that makes you wonder how they get anywhere on time. Walk people, take a stride. Pick your feet up and MOVE. This includes people who can’t figure out how to walk and talk, or have no clue someone is behind them when they stop mid stride to strike up a conversation.

7 comments:

B said...

personal pet peeve of mine too.

for seriously.

Anonymous said...

ohh for sure one of my biggest pet peeves. esp when they're old, though to be fair i do feel a tad more guilty when i sigh out loud as i overtake senior citizens

aschlee said...

YES... I totally agree!!! Those people are seriously frustrating 'n they tend to show up in traffic too, grrr.

Anonymous said...

I hate people who seem to forget that there is a crowd following them and they just stop right in the their tracks. They then look at you as if you're an ass for bumping into them because they stopped abruptly without stepping to the side.

OR! Those who feel it's necessary to walk against the flow of traffic. Stick to the right side no matter which direction you're going and you won't have to deal with me punching you in the eye with my shoe.

Chele said...

it is strange, I do not have the road rage at all but when it comes to pedestrian rage I am a monster.
I really dont like walking in crowds.

I really want a walking law, one direction you walk on the right other on the left. Window shoppers walk next to windows and the ones walking through have the middle aisle of the road to walk in a steady pace. I cannot stand zig zagging my way through a crowd

Kayleigh said...

Deutlich- Thanks for understanding. For serious.

Libby- LOL. "I do feel a tad more guilty when I sigh out loud as I overtake senior citizens." Too much. laughter!

Aschlee- They are totally everywhere. And I totally hate it.

Jenn- Punching people in the eye with your shoe? Now that is pretty serious, and pretty damn hilarious. I think the most fun thing about that statement is picturing it happening in your mind. Loves it.

Chele- Yes, the dreaded window shoppers. Grrrrr!!!

Chris said...

dude i shit a brick every time i'm behind one of those wretched people.