Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Yeah I'm getting bored

and I've been brash, crude, and blunt for the past week or so. My co-worker Peggy says that this rather rude and inconsiderate version of me is her favorite. I'm not quite sure how to take that, but eh, I'll roll with it. It's like I have perpetual word vomit as Cady Herron would say. I open my mouth and a slew of snarly comments come tumbling out, without being censored, and without a care. I admit though - being a total beeyotch can be kind of fun.

Here's something random. I was browsing the world wide web via AOL.com the other day and it informed me that I had 3 messages. Huh? I haven't had AOL mail since I was 16. I checked it and discovered that someone wrote me an email to my AIM screen name back in May 2007. Whoops. I decided to respond a few days ago as if this person wrote the email yesterday, and we've been emailing ever since. It's as if ummm.......5 or so months didn't go by before I chose to say something back.

Models are absolutely stupid. I'm watching "The Most Smartest Model" and I'm not quite sure why. It's strangely amusing to watch models get drunk on camera and scream about how life isn't fair, and how they never get a chance to get ahead in life. Yeah I know, Mr. Model, who is crying how unfair and sad his life is while riding home from a posh L.A. night club in a stretch Hummer limo - I agree with you. Your beautiful face and body must lead a really pathetic and sad existence. I hope he can feel the sympathy radiating from my slumped body strewn across my couch. It would be really refreshing to meet a really stunningly beautiful person who wasn't completely vain and selfish. Or completely stupid for that matter. Maybe I'm just bitter.

There was a Disney Parade of lights that went down my street this past Saturday. I think one of the kids from High School Musical was on one of the floats too. That movie is like crack for all kids under the age of 13. Since I have a rather addictive personality, maybe it's good that I haven't seen it. Or tried crack.

Kat spent the night on Saturday and we laid around like a bunch of worthless bums, eating Peanut Butter M&M's and Garrett's Caramel Corn (a total Chicago staple). I kept my promise to myself and didn't drink Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. It felt good. It's amazing how much better your body feels when you don't drink for awhile. I'm going to hold off on the alcohol until Black Wednesday. That should be sufficient.

I am also pretty impressed that one of my co-workers totally guessed things about me today that I never told him. It's really relieving to know that he knows what's bouncing around in my head. His advice and words really helped.

I've been thirsty for the past week or so. I don't know if I've been ingesting an obscene amount of sodium, but either way I've been really suffering. No matter how much water I drink, my tongue still feels like a dried up sponge, and swallowing feels really awkward. This makes me think of the water fountain at work that I want to kick every single day. Without fail this thing makes a point to mess with my head. I'll hold out a tall plastic water bottle and the stream will be really short, and therefore I cannot fill it up all the way. Then I'll try again and whoa! The stream soars in a ginormous arch past my eager hand and the silver basin onto the carpet beyond. As soon as I adjust my hand to catch the glorious water, the stream dries up and becomes a lowly trickle once more. By the time I'm done wrestling the water fountain, my left hand and whatever receptacle I am holding are coated in water droplets.

My snarky attitude is flaring again. Yeah I'm getting tired and apathetic. I'm sure many people could define my new-found character as straight up b*tchy, but I'm starting to embrace this new version of myself. I'm interested to see how long this version of me sticks around.

1 comment:

in a heart(less)beat said...

1) I am really sad that I will not be trotting around town with you tomorrow.
2) I need turkey.
2.5) But no cranberry sauce.
3) I love your bitchy attitude it makes me laugh.
4) I am writing this because I am too ill to talk on the phone and should've called you back 8.7hours ago.
5) mmm, runts