I know I owe you all a story about my homewrecking exploit that was fueled by Cosmos and Jager bombs, but first things first. Is anyone else as obsessed with the Olympic Games as I am? Did anyone see the agonizing defeat of Team USA in women’s gymnastics last night? Or Michael Phelps become the most decorated Olympian of all-time? I am currently running on what I like to call an “Olympic high”. This is aided by the fact that I just drank a cup of extra bold (oooo, daring) black coffee and the caffeine high is making me loopy.
As always, there are many things I want to share with you. I enjoy penning out little snippets, and since everyone enjoys lists, here we go:
-This past weekend, after spending literally 24 hours in the Brussels International Airport, my little (and only) brother came back from Europe after spending six weeks studying abroad in Granada, Spain, and visiting Gibraltar, Morocco, The Netherlands, Lithuania, and Belgium. Cue intense jealousy here. Many beers were had, trust.
-Going to my FIRST Cubs game (for work mind you), and drinking a lot of Mai Tai’s which resulted in me being mildly toasted in front of all my bosses and co-workers. I was also lucky enough to see a balled up pair of women’s pink panties lying on the floor of my stall whilst in the bathroom at Wrigley Field. Chicago Cubs, your fans are WILD, baby.
-Meeting one of my female co-workers named Rylie at a bar post-Cubs game and drunkenly asking her, "Oh, are you just being Rylie?" after she danced around to a song. Let's just say she wasn't pleased.
-Drinking BOXED wine in my parent’s kitchen with said P-rents , amigas, brother, and brother’s friends on a Sunday night which resulted in my judgment being so impaired that I was unable to drive home to my apartment. Binge drinking= not just for college students anymore (you heard?).
-Watching my mom accidently drop a bottle of Vueve Cliquot Yellow Label which promptly shattered into oblivion on my kitchen floor. Somehow post cleanup I still managed to step on a microscopic piece of glass late last night and it is now currently wedged in my big toe. I tried to get it out but to no avail, so I am limping today.
-The Enigma (some of my long-time readers will know who I speak of) has started texting/emailing me nonstop. We haven’t really talked since we stopped seeing each other in May, and all of a sudden, BAM! There he is, all up in my face. If he wasn’t so damn cute I wouldn’t have bothered responding, but hey, I’m getting my flirt on in an “I’m acting like I don’t care about you and, surprise, I really don’t, but it’s fun to play with your emotions anyway” kind of way.
-My office didn’t have air conditioning or RUNNING WATER for all of Monday and Tuesday. This translated into me having to walk two blocks to Barnes and Noble whenever I had to use the restroom, and me absolutely sweating in my sweltering hot and humid office. We have 40 feet tall floor to ceiling windows that cannot open. NOT PRETTY. However? This translated into me getting treated to yummy iced tea by my boss at the Argo Tea across the street both days where we proceeded to sit and waste time for almost an hour just to have the chance to sit in a temperate atmosphere. The crap I deal with, I swear! *Update*: our CEO just dropped by and attempted to pay us off in the form of a Panera gift certificate. It worked.
-Decided that I’m applying for graduate school starting in November for a dual MBA/MSIMC degree. Am I Nervous? Um, yes.
-Got a free ride on the Metra train on Monday because the train ticket guy must have had the hots for me.
-I’m looking forward to getting out of work at noon on Friday and watching the Chicago Air & Water Show on my rooftop.
-My friends and I will be hosting the 3rd annual Slip and Slide extravaganza bonanza at my parent's casa this coming weekend. Think buckets of margaritas, tunes, beer bongs, 50+ feet of tarp/slip and slide, burgers, ice cream sundae bar, me falling down by 10 p.m., and tons of friends eating a homemade breakfast courtesy of my mom the next day.
-I just put down a deposit for a trip that will take me to Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam in December/January including New Years Eve. I absolutely hate New Years Eve and cannot think of a better way to spend it than being in an exotic foreign country. Think Bangkok, riding elephants in the jungle, Angkor Wat, Siagon, etc. So, hi Chele- maybe we can get together when I'm in Bangkok? :) I hinted about this trip to my parents and they are basically furious with me because they want me to save my money, but they also know that I’ll end up doing what I want anyway. I feel like this is the time in my life to make stupid and on-a-whim travel decisions. I've been know to do this sort of thing from time to time. Whenever I settle down, I doubt I’ll have the same opportunities. So carpe diem, people!
-I received an absolutely wonderful Pay-It-Forward gift from the lovely Heidi Renee, which included Mexican chocolate, Burt's Bees gear, jelly beans, and a handy-dandy mini journal. I need to get my act together but I swear I will host my own PIF. (You heard it here, folks -- aka pressure me into submission if too much time goes by).
-The wonderful Maxie of "I Hate So Much" and Jess of "Everyday Adventures of Me in the City" gave me blog awards this past week. *Takes a bow* THANK YOU ladies!!!
Homewrecking story up next. Promise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
This slip n slide party? Yeah. I need to plan one of those.
I love the Olympics! I've been staying up all night to watch. Not so good for my bedtime, but very satisfying for my inner compulsive gymnastics fan.
And, I've found that alcohol plays a much bigger part in my life now than it did in college. Weird.
Gifts! Trips! Awards! Grad School! My goodness, you're being seriously generous here with getting an update out of the way, this is like 3 weeks of posts! lol
Congrats and wow!
you are seriously one busy busy woman. your slip and slide bonanza however, sounds phenomenal...i'm slightly jealous.
You never told us about your last vacation (I have yet to post mine and it was July) so I hope you post about this next one, especially Vietnam (I'm half Vietnamese and always like hearing people tell about their travels there).
So obsessed with the Olympics, have even been watching sports I usually don't care for;volleyball (which rocks!), some weird form of soccer/basketball, water polo. of course, I had to go to sleep before last night's olympics so I totally didn't know the womens' team busted. damn.
and you should totally not feel guilty about traveling or anything. Live it up! I wish I had traveled more pre baby.
Wait a second. Thailand, Belgium, slip and slide parties?
you're James Bond.
I knew it.
Slip n' Slide extravaganze haha i LOVE it!!
LOVE that you busted out some miley cyrus. if she didn't laugh, don't worry - i did :)
we need to trade homewrecking stories-- can't wait to read yours.
Homewrecking?!
:(
Actually....;)
Boxed wine does have the advantage of not breaking, cutting you, interfering with your training and therefore ruining your Olympic 2012 dreams.
Who does not love Michael Phelps? Tell me, and I'll cut them with a broken wine bottle. Because that would be just wrong.
I wish I was the creator of Burt's Bees. Girls love that shit. Burt is such a lucky bastard
Post a Comment