Cue to the camera zooming in on the listless body of a 20 something female buried under a sea of white cotton sheets and knit blankets who just hit the snooze button for the 3rd time despite getting close to 10 hours of sleep the night before.
That was a mouthful, wasn't it?
I opted to spend the night at the parental unit's abode last night, and when I walked in the door a bottle of Chandon was chilling in the fridge just for
OK back to talks of alcohol.
Mmmm....Chandon. I have a thing for champagne, people.
After downing that bottle, I realized that sleep was rapidly approaching. Over the past few days I have had the uncontrollable urge to slumber, and for long periods of time at that. I don't want to curse myself, but last night per a cellular phone conversation, Enigma mumbled the words that I DID NOT want to hear:
"Oh no....that is exactly what started happening to me before THIS [ed. note: mono] happened. Hopefully this is just a fluke."
I am also going to visit this sick individual today after work, and I'm bringing him tidings of get well in the form of home made cookies slash dinner. You don't have to say it - I know.
So let's bounce back to this morning, shall we?
I could not get out of bed (again) and grumbled as I fumbled my way into my childhood bathroom to shower and beautify myself for work. Stepped in the shower and realized that, once again, there was no freaking shampoo or conditioner anywhere to be seen.
DAMN IT.
I grabbed a towel and fled to my parent's bathroom closet and swiped the two nearest bottles I could find. One clearly said shampoo, and the other was white and duh, had to be conditioner. .....right?
I resumed my glorious warm shower while listening to my favorite morning talk show, and reached for the "conditioner". After trying to lather that crap into my hair, I suddenly realized that my hair didn't feel silky and smooth per usual, but rather matted, coarse, and just...wrong. If I was in a contest to see if I could get my hair to resemble that of Mr. Ed I would have gone home with the gold.
In my distress I grabbed the bottle only to read the fateful word printed in cheery green (and almost apologetic) writing on the front of the curved clear bottle:
"Lotion".
ULTIMATE FAIL.



14 comments:
sleeeeppp.. I needs it. badly.
Oh gosh. That is a bad one!
oh thank God it was only Lotion. pain in the butt, yes, but better then say, Nair
Hahaha! I thought you were going to say Nair. I'm glad it wasn't! I would have gone wig shopping with you though.
I can relate to always feeling tired. Off to take a nap.
oh you big ole dorkus. I'm with jenn though... I really thought it was going to be nair... or hair bleach or something.
Triple ditto on the nair!!
Haha!
My parents never have shampoo and conditioner in my childhood bathroom either. And, as someone else said, thank god it wasn't Nair! Although that would have been an amazing story that you probably could have sent in to Reader's Digest.
Lotion? LOL!!!! Well like everyone said it could have been worse ...
Damn Kayleigh! It’s been a while. LOL Nice poetic entrance. Oh and congrats on the new gig!
HAHAHA…Well at least it was lotion and not Nair. I almost did that dumb shit once. That’s why I’ll never get dressed in the dark ever again in life!
Well, at least you realized it was lotion with enough time to wash it out. I've left conditioner in my hair on accident without rinsing it out, and the next morning when I woke up my hair was about as greasy-looking as ever.
Ohh I so need sleep. Why do you torture me with words of sleep?
hahaha ultimate fail. Hysterical. I also thought of Nair. I have a feeling the post would have a WHOLE other tone though if that had been the case.
Thanks for the birthday wishes :)
one time i went to brush my teeth and found my self holding a hair brush underneath the hand soap dispenser.
Post a Comment