Kayleigh: got it
Boss: the first to flip a cup assigns drinks?
Boss: woops
Boss: wrong im
(Huh?)
Kayleigh: hahaha np
Boss: by the the way is that what flipcup is?
Kayleigh: the game flippy cup?
Boss: yeah
(Do I continue this conversation and risk my boss thinking I'm a drunken lush? Do I pretend like I never went to college and feign innocence? Oh, screw it.)
Kayleigh: there are two teams facing each other, usually playing on a long table of some sort. each player has a small amount (typically) of beer in a glass in front of them. one end of the table starts- then that person and the person across from them (who they are up against) have to chug the drink, place the cup down on the edge of the table, and try to flip it upside down
Kayleigh: it goes on and on down the line and whichever team does this the fastest wins.
Kayleigh: ahh, college (Don't judge me??)
Boss: holy smokes
Boss: much too cerebral for simpletons like myself
Kayleigh: haahah it is funny. i haven't played that in ages (Lie)
Boss: lol
Boss: so what happens when you flip the cup?
Kayleigh: you'll want to place the cup down on the edge of the table, so it's halfway hanging off. then, using a very gentle touch (too much power is a bad idea) flip the exposed edge upwards
Kayleigh: if you're lucky, you'll get it on the first few tries haha
Kayleigh: use two fingers when you flip. it's good form, haha. and now it appears that i do nothing but play drinking games lol
Kayleigh: good luck if you play :)
Boss: i'll probably pass
(Ed. note: AWE-SOME. Failure- 1, Kayleigh - 0).
Maybe I shouldn't tell my boss about how a week or so ago I walked home from the bars, drunk as a skunk at 3 am with some friends, and I suddenly made everyone stop and wait on the sidewalk. I then proceeded to run into a random bar and demand a free shot. That's right- I walked into a random bar drunk at 3m, walked up to the bartender, pursed my lips, put on a bossy face, and demanded free liquor. The bartender looked at me and said "come again?" So I repeated myself. Loudly.
A man who sat perched on a neighboring bar stool swiveled around and narrowed his eyes at me. He then identified himself as the owner of that fine
"Whatever you're having" I coolly replied.
"Tom, pour two shots of Jamo. Can you handle Jameson?"
My stomach lurched. But I tilted my chin up defiantly and told him to bring it on. I took the shot like a champion, and the owner told me that he's never seen a female take down a shot of Jameson whiskey without so much as an involuntary facial twitch.
I laughed in his face, thanked him for the free shot, decided that I would never walk into that bar ever again. I then scampered back outside to my friends. Best 5 minutes ever.
Update: My boss just asked another co-worker - "Hey, Ray-did you drive me home from the bar Friday night? You didn't? What's that? I was dancing on a pole next to the window? Oh...."
My boss + Kayleigh = SOUL MATES.



15 comments:
Ha! Maybe you should date your boss! He sounds awesome.
haha that is awesome. woo to your boss.
I have truly never played that game! I've always wondered how it worked...
And that story is AMAZING! You are ballsy, girl. I would never have the guts to do something like that.
You guys play the opposite way. You're supposed to put the cup on the table right side up and try to flip it until it's upside down.
Must be a Chicago thing.
A shot of jamo would have sent me on a down spin. I would be so hung over my hair would hurt.
OK, crap. You know how you know you're getting old? When you forget how to play your favorite drinking games. Rs27 informed me of my wrong doings and I have edited for accuracy. Thank you for setting me on the right path, there.
And PJ: I think I didn't realize how much everything hurt after that Jamo. I do recall stripping off my tights, throwing them in a corner, and jumping on two of my friends who were making out on my air mattress. Barrels of fun!
I love flip cup. That's an awesome IM conversation, we never have some that are that entertaining.
you should know i just shared this with my google reader friends. thats how awesome i think it is :)
missed you at the meetup! we were playing beer pong. i bet you're good at that one too...
My boss just told us that she did heroin in her 20s. Mentioned it all casually. We were all like whaaaaat? Apparently bosses are people too?
man cant wait till you get to Asia
I'm gonna say it;
This post? Best one EVER!
That rocks! Both about your boss and the free shot. I would never have the guts to just demand a free shot from a random bar at 3 in the morning...lol.
Your blog name seems all the more appropriate after this post.
I could never last too long in those drinking games. I was such a cheap drunk in college.
This is a great story and I admire your guts. And your boss's. I want to party with you both.
Ahh flip cup. What a fun game. I can't believe there are people out there that don't know how to play! Craziness!
Are you going to continue to blog in 2009?
Post a Comment