Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Few Things You May or May Not Know About Me

Here are some random facts about me that you may or may not know, all of which are true. I am in a bit of a list-making mood for some reason.



1. I drink a can of Diet Coke every morning, but no coffee.

2. I have a secret dream to be a professional hip hop dancer and dance on stage at a huge concert.

3. I had blond hair up until age 9 (now brunette).

4. I swam with stingrays in the wild and got to touch them. They are really slimey.

5. I can recite the Preamble to the U.S. Constitution by heart, thanks to a play I did in grade school.

6. One of the valet drivers in my garage is in love with me, and tells me everyday how pretty he thinks I am and asks me what I'm doing and where I'm going. I think he's hoping for an invite to hang out one of these days.

7. My family is chock-full of sailors.

8. I know all or parts of four languages.

9. I lived in Amsterdam for a month during college and never did any drugs.

10. I listened to Marilyn Manson in junior high.

11. I filed a lawsuit against two people when I was 18.

12. My great-grandfather was in the German Army and met Hilter just before he rose to power. He decided that he didn't like him, and left for the United States soon after.

13. My Lithuanian-born grandparents escaped from the Russians via horse and wagon on a journey to America. They were forced to spend a year in Germany living in camps, and that is where my aunt was born. My dad was the first child in his family born in the United States. My grandfather is a doctor and was scheduled to be sent to Siberia to die in the wilderness, but escaped.

14. I have a deep and unnatural fear of the bottoms of boats that are hidden under water. If I am swimming next to an anchored boat, and my leg or arm brushes up against the part underwater, I freak out. Likewise, sinking ships terrify me. Seeing Titanic go down in the movie was borderline traumatic.

15. I walked onto the soccer team in high school after not playing since I was 11 years old, and yes, there were cuts.

16. I won't feel my life is complete until I go all over Romania and into the Carpathian Mountains to see Dracula's Castle.

17. I've been to every country of my ethnic background (Lithuania, Germany, Czech Republic, and The Netherlands) except 1. Ireland.

18. One of the best moments of my life was when I managed to do a 180 spin off of a gap jump snowboarding when I was 17. Picture it like this, except way smaller of course. A bunch of my friends came to watch and cheer me on. I'll never forget it. Another moment of pride came last winter when I 50-50'd a kinked rail to a funbox combo. You probably don't know what that means, but trust me, it was cool.

19. I am terrified of heights. This can sometimes make snowboarding out west very difficult.



20. I had a dinner party tonight and 30 minutes before the guests were to arrive, my kitchen sink had a meltdown and began leaking and spraying water everywhere, thus flooding the majority of my kitchen. Made for an interesting experience.


21. When I was 3, I cut my hand open playing on a rusty metal swingset. Instead of getting stitches, I got bandaides. Now I have this --> This injury also lead to my mother getting grilled in an after school meeting with my pre-school teachers who thought I was a victim of child abuse. Trust me, I'm just as confused as you probably are by this.

22. I have a rather embarrassing love for all things Brody Jenner. I don't know what it is.

23. I think Batman is totally better than Spiderman. And sexier.

24. I totally don't know how to cook, and yes, it is a problem.

25. I lived in a haunted apartment my junior year of college. I don't know how I made it out alive (and sane).

25.5. I like both warm and flat pop.

3 comments:

brandy said...

Flat pop? Yep. I dig it. My eyes water so much when I drink carbonated stuff that the flat pop is a nice change. Wow. That comment made me sound like I was 87 years old.

brandy said...

Because apparently people who are 'young and spry' drink carbonated pop? Sometimes my logic doesn't make sense.

However, I think you have be at least 65 years old to use the word 'spry'.

Kayleigh said...

YESSSS!!! Finally, someone who shares my love of flat pop! I never thought this day would come. I admit I do like the reg stuff, but when someone stumbles upon an old liter and winces after taking a sip and goes to throw it away, I am all over it.

I think we are all old people in a lot of ways, haha. P.S. the word spry is awesome. I'm going to try and use that sometime soon just to see people's reactions.